your eyes divide me. and your ways control my every mood. your face distracts my confidence in standing. and i can't move, so i sing

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Chester Drawers

The only dresser that we had for the first year and a half of our married lives
was a small 6 drawer dresser that my parents
got me for Christmas from Ikea.
 I filled it with just my clothes, so Dave was using
plastic containers to hold his things.
My parents had an old beat up dresser that had been
sitting in the carport for years. They were going to throw it away
so Dave and I saved it. We took it to my grandpa's
workshop to fix it up. This was while I stilled worked
at Gelato and I worked nights. So while I was working
Dave would head over to grandma and grandpa's to
work on his new dresser.
 He sanded,
 stained,
 fixed,
 and renewed the whole thing.





 I was so proud of him. Isn't it beautiful?



(ps growing i always called my dressers "chester drawers". It meant chest of drawers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave something colorful!